Monday, January 2, 2012

On being poor

Jer and I have been married almost three years. When we were first married, we were super poor. We used all of our wedding money on rent, and returned tons of stuff to walmart and used that money for food. Then Jerry graduated and started working full-time. We weren't so poor and we started to pay off loans. Now Jerry is a graduate student and we are having a baby. Let me put it this way-- we have never been this poor. And I am hoping we will never have to be this poor again.

Believe me, I am not asking for sympathy. For some reason I find the whole thing disturbingly funny and interesting. Maybe I am just going crazy? Some people would probably find this whole situation stressful and depressing. But not us! (okay, maybe a little) I think we both know better financial days are ahead.

I mean, really, things can only get better.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh Kiddo! First, lunacy is a symptom of pregnancy...which doesn't go away and Second...just ohhh. So sorry. You've been on the brain and perhaps this is why. Children are priceless, and you'll feel it in the pocket book. One of the perks of marrying so much later is that we were in a better position financially. But made up for that in fatigue and aches and pains. Pregnancy is a job for younger people. :) You can do this and you are much loved!