Thursday, July 14, 2011

Barbra & Liza

One thing you should know about me: I love musicals.

If you don't know this about me.. you are probably a stranger reading my blog.. and that is really cool! (and weird considering I only write in it a few times a year)

I don't pretend to know everything about musicals, but I do know more than most.

So I am really embarrassed to admit something...

I just discovered how amazing Liza Minneli and Barbra Streisand are.

Sad.

True, Cabaret has some shocking twists that I find a little too ''pushy''.. but Liza is thrilling.

True, it is a sin that it took me 22 years to see Funny Girl.. but Barbra was still in it, and she was perfect.


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yep. They're amazing. Sometime, check out, "The Me Nobody Knows," vignettes of inner city kids. Didn't even make a splash about 30 years ago, but it is powerful. If you're really bored, "Working" is another unknown which has some gems in it. Glad you were able to enjoy some great work.

Suzanne said...

Forgot my favorite! The live show is lightyears superior, but if you've not seen Man of La Mancha, check out the movie -- turn off the volume any time Sophie Loren scre...uh..sings.

Debra said...

HEY - WHAT'S HAPPENED TO YOUR PROMISE OF MONTHLY BLOGS?? YOU HAVE A LOT OF GOOD STUFF TO CATCH US UP ON!