Monday, January 2, 2012

On being poor: retraction

Sorry about the last post. It was written in the middle of the night due to pregnancy insomnia, so I wasn't thinking straight. I was trying to go for a funny and sarcastic tone, but I have been informed (by my husband) that my tone did not come across that way.

We are so blessed to have what we have and we are excited about all the opportunities that we've been given. I really have never been happier. So if any of you out there were concerned or worried, please don't be. This is a fun and wonderful adventure in our lives!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Of course we're worried -- it's part of the whole friendship contract! Struggling and happiness are not mutually exclusive -- just ask any long distance runner or aspiring opera singer. Didn't hear any whining from here. No retraction necessary. Still want the list....

Ashley Lund said...

I knew how you meant it danielle...it didn't sound depressing to me!

Double D said...

I think your tone was fine. Is Jerry tone-deaf?

Lynette said...

Hey, I'm Jerry's MOM and it didn't strike me wrong. But if I were your husband, I might feel a little concerned for people to know I am properly providing for my wife and baby-soon-to-come. Assure Jeremiah that everyone who knows him well has absolutely no doubt of his ability to care for his family. We have no worries about that whatsoever. And speaking from my own experience, it's a wonderful thing to go through some struggling years together and come out on the other side and know that you succeeded TOGETHER. The hot-dog-spaghetti that was the only thing you could afford to eat in your early years becomes a great story to tell your children when they whine about what you cooked for dinner!